Many of us pay so much attention to the larger things in life that we sometimes neglect the finer things in life, like Water. Most of us hate drinking water and will use any healthy based drink to replace it forgetting how essential it is to a healthy body. So here are 7 remainders of why you should drink water.
1. Water protects the heart.
- Water thins out the blood being pumped by your heart so it prevents the clogging of arteries.
- Drinking water eliminates/decreases your chance of getting an heart-attack
2.Helps control calories.
- Water has zero calories.
- Drinking water raises your metabolism.
- Drinking water helps you reduce hunger as it is a natural appetite suppressant.
- Breaks down the by products of fat thus helping you reducing weight.
3.Gives you younger looking skin.
- Dry skin is a result of lack of water.
- Water itself is a moisturizer that replenishes the skin increasing elasticity thus decreasing the development of wrinkles, fine lines and even stretch marks. giving the skin a younger healthy skin.
4.Helps the brain
- The brain is made up of 90% water.
- Drinking water decreases the release of the stress hormone cortisol.
- Drinking water sharpens the mind, making it work at least 14% faster.
- Drinking water reduces headache, migraines.
- Water acts as a lubricant between joints.
- Sufficient amount of water helps to tone your muscles.
- Prevents cramps and sprains.
- Water helps to energize the muscles.
6.Flushes out toxins
- Water flushes out toxins through sweat and urine.
- Reduces the risk of kidney stones and Urinary Track Infections (UTI).
- Helps with digestion
- Drinking adequate amounts of water along with a good intake of fiber prevents constipation.
- Water dilutes the cancer causing agents in the urine, thus reducing the risk of cancer.
7.Water makes you rich.
- Water is the cheapest drink available.
- Water boost’s energy so you are able to get more work done.
- Water regulates body temperature, so your less likely to get sick from flu or cold.
- Builds the immune system so you don’t get ill easily.
Now that I have reminded you of how valuable water is to your body, you may be wondering how you can drink more water without changing your daily routine. Well here are some tips:
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. their high water content will help you get hydrated.
- Carry a bottle of water in your car, bag or have one at your desk.
- Drink a glass of water before meals.
- Drink water before going to bed and in the mornings after you have awoken.
So go ahead pick up a glass or bottle and start drinking more water today!