The benefits we enjoy when we use facial clay masks are many and varied. It is simple to use, making the skin care process that much easier, enjoyable and rewarding. You may have seen many selfies of people sporting a face mask flooding the internet through mediums such as Instagram, and have been wondering if it’s a new trend. It’s actually just a case of people trying to be funny and sharing it with the world, while pampering themselves to a spa-like treatment at home.
Facial clay mask is a vital component of any skin care regime, but why? Why are people so hung up on clay masks, and will any clay mask deliver the desired results? We will use this article to cover the benefits of using facial clay masks, as therein lies the answer to why people are so crazy about the product, and no, not all clay masks are effective.
The Wonderful Benefits of Facial Clay Mask
- Rids the body of toxins – Facial clay masks such as the one from Oshi Glows contain healing clays that deep cleans and nourishes the skin. Healing clays have long been used by the ancestors of various cultures to rid their body of toxins, and for the nutrients they have to offer. Even animals understand the healing benefits that clays have to offer, as they will often eat dirt or clay to help rid their body of poison or to help them return to top health when they are ill or distressed. Sodium Bentonite, Calcium Bentonite and Purified Smectite (all found in Oshi Glows facial clay) are examples of healing clays.
- Absorb oil, dirt and other impurities – Clay has the ability to absorb not only toxins, but also excess oils and dirt from the skin. If you have oily skin it is best to avoid hydrating clay masks as they tend to make the skin oiler. Aside from facial products, it is used in soaps and body powders along with other body care products.
- Hydrate dry skin – If ever you want to overcome an issue with dry skin then hydrating facial clay masks is your one stop solution. Hydrating facial clay masks will contain wonderful ingredients such as green tea, white algae, rose water and yogurt. Gently cleanse your face then apply the mask before putting on your night cream.
- Defy Aging – Some facial clay masks are made specifically for aging skin. These are loaded with antioxidants, and helps you achieve a smoother, brighter appearance, while minimizing the fine lines and wrinkles of your face.
Benefits in a nutshell:
- Prevents skin blemishes and abscesses
- Cleans, unclog and tighten pores
- Clear pimples
- Detoxifies and helps keep skin young and vibrant
- Tightens and eliminates fines lines, therefore defying aging
Oshi Glows states that when you use their facial clay mask, you simply need to apply it, “with fingertips and immediately feel a tightening, tingly feeling as your skin absorbs the nutrients from the clay, botanicals and grape seed oil. Simply wash off the clay and enjoy your new feeling skin.”