As athletes, the chances of picking up injuries are always high. What with the plenitude of hazards and risk factors they are faced with, either from competition or during training and even from lack thereof. When these injuries happen, they need to be properly treated so that the athlete can bounce back as quickly as possible to doing what he or she does best.
One of the most popular items used in the treatment of injuries such as strains, sprains, aching muscles and joint injuries, is what is known as kinesiology or kinesio tape. Warrior – Tape kinesiology tape is no ordinary tape in that it helps to support weakened or injured muscles and joints while increasing blood flow to the affected area. This helps to relieve pain and reduce the symptoms associated with the affected area while speeding up recovery time. However, with a myriad of different kinesio tapes available on the market, athletes are often confused as to what kind they should get, whether synthetic or natural. While using those made from cotton might seem to be more suitable to some persons, the best synthetic kinesiology tapes come with several distinct advantages. If you are an athlete, a weekend warrior or fitness enthusiast, you may want to pay close attention to the rest of this document to see why you should be using synthetic kinesiology tape for your injury treatment and prevention needs.
- Water Resistant:Most synthetic kinesiology tape brands are made with a water-repelling material which means the user does not have to remove it each time they get into the shower or have to do hydrotherapy. On top of that, the adhesives they are made with are also water resistant so that it stays in place under wet or damp conditions. As a result, they are even good for swimmers who often spend a lot of time in the pool, whether during competition or rehabilitation. With the reassurance that the tape won’t fall off due to water exposure, athletes may be motivated to perform even better or push themselves harder, especially since some synthetic kinesiology tapes are so comfortable that they make the user forget that they are actually wearing it. Additionally, the water-repelling materials of high quality, synthetic kinesiology tapes dry very quickly so there’s no lingering wet feeling after you have left the pool or shower.
- Highly Adhesive:In addition to being water resistant, the adhesive used with some of the best synthetic kinesiology tape are often super strong so that the tape stays in place. When made with these types of adhesive, the tape can be used in all types of training and competitive scenarios without risk of it coming off or becoming loose.
- Strong, Flexible and Resilient:The human body is highly flexible, hence the numerous events that we partake in from track and field to gymnastics. Bodybuilders, fitness buffs and even dancers also use their limbs in very flexible ways. When using kinesio tape for any injury or discomfort, a strong, flexible and resilient tape is also needed. Suitable synthetic kinesiology tapes offer a high level of flexibility for an array of different movements, yet remain super strong. So, whether you are stretching, skipping, jumping or even bending, the kinesio tape will adjust to your muscle movements and stay in place while offering the support you need.
- Highly Durable: The best synthetic kinesiology tapes are made with high quality materials that have strong fibers which won’t tear or lose elasticity even under the most strenuous conditions. On top of that, while the average time that many cotton kinesio tapes are expected to last is usually 3 – 5 days, high quality synthetic versions may last up to 7 days. This is from continuous wear by the way, since most cotton kinesio tapes cannot be worn continuously due to them not being water resistant. In other words, the user has to keep removing it during the period it is being worn for but with the synthetic type, they just leave it on until its time is up.
- Cost Effective: To begin with, while prices may vary, many synthetic kinesiology tapes are in a similar price range per roll. However, due to the fact that they are more durable, they will more often than not work out less expensive. This can be looked at from several angles. One is the fact that they will stay in place longer so the user will require less rolls of tape over a comparable period of time. On top of that, they often provide better support to affected areas due to their ability to conform and stay comfortable, thereby speeding up the recovery process and limiting continued use of the tape. Finally, since the best synthetic kinesiology tapes are waterproof and latex-free, it is more likely for the user to get maximum use from them, wherein cotton kinesio tapes may have to be replaced before, if they come in contact with moisture.
- More Versatile:Since injuries, pains and aches can affect practically anywhere on the body, a kinesiology tape should be able to suit all these possibilities. Synthetic kinesiology tapes which are superior in design can be used to support almost any area of the body that might require such support. This includes the back and shoulder, ankles, knees, feet, thighs, elbows…basically anywhere that a joint or muscle is located.
If you are an athlete or have an active lifestyle, you are definitely prone to injury as you probably already found out. In handling these, you need the best kinesiology tape that money can buy to help you get back on track and on top of your game. No doubt, a synthetic type is the best way to go.