Courtesy of: Gemma Stafford
1. MICROWAVE GRANOLA IN A MUG (BREAKFAST)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (honey or agave)
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- ⅛ teaspoons salt*
- 4 ½ tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon dessicated coconut
- 1 tablespoon pecans, chopped
- In the large microwave safe mug, mix the maple syrup, water, oil, salt, oats and nuts until blended.
- Microwave for 1 minutes 30 seconds and stir, making sure to stir up any syrup on the bottom of the mug. (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
- Microwave for 1 minutes longer or until oats are golden brown. You will see them getting golden in color and starting to toast up. Be careful it doesn’t get too hot as it can burn.
- Let it stand for 2 to 3 minutes to cool before eating. If you have extra store in an airtight container for 5 days.
2. MICROWAVE MACARONI & CHEESE IN A MUG (LUNCH)
- ⅓ cup (28g/1oz) pasta
- ¾ cup (175ml/6fl oz) water, cold
- 4 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoons cornstarch (aka cornflour)
- 4 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- In a large microwavable mug or large bowl add in the macaroni and the water. You need a large mug as the water will boil up.
- Microwave for roughly 3 ½ minutes. You want the pasta to be fully cooked. (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
- Pour off the remaining cooking water.
- Stir in the milk, cornstarch and shredded cheese and microwave for a final 60 seconds to create your sauce. Stir well, season with salt and pepper and enjoy.
3. MICROWAVE PEANUT BUTTER & BANANA MUG CAKE (SNACK)
- ½ medium banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (or any other nut butter)
- 1 egg white
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ½ tablespoons (30g/1oz) oat flour*
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- In a large microwavable mug mash the banana with a fork
- Mix in the peanut butter, egg whites and vanilla
- Add in the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and gently stir in until combined
- Microwave for 45 second- 1 minute or until it is firm in the middle (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
- Top with some more sliced banana and enjoy warm
4. MICROWAVE MUG PIZZA (DINNER)
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/16 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon marinara sauce
- 1 generous tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 mini pepperoni
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian herbs (basil or oregano will work)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a microwavable mug
- Add in the milk and oil with mix together. There might be some lump but that is ok
- Spoon on the marinara sauce and spread it around the surface of the batter
- Sprinkle on the cheese, pepperoni and dried herbs
- Microwave for 1 minute 10-20 seconds, or until it rises up and the topping are bubbling (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
- Enjoy straight away!
5. MICROWAVE MUG BROWNIE (DESSERT)
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 3 tablespoons flavorless oil (canola oil/coconut oil/sunflower oil)
- 3 tablespoons water
- pinch of salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tsp chocolate chips (omit if vegan)
- In a microwavable mug (roughly 1 cup measurement) mix together all of the ingredients.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- If you don’t want to cook them off straight away, then place them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Microwave for 45-60 seconds. (Timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary). Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream & enjoy!
Note: Ingredients and instructions are from Bigger Bolder Baking.